Albright Art Gallery
The Albright Art Gallery was a gift from Buffalonian J.J.Albright who spent $330,000 of his own money to
contstruct the classically designed building along the western edge of the Park Lake in Delaware Park.
The coincidence of its construction and location made it the perfect selection for temporary use as the
Art Building for the Pan-American Expositon. The building was not completed until 1902, unfortunately.
A number of artworks exhibited in the brick Art Building were purchased and became part of
the Albright's exhibits.
This structure exists today as the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, known around the world for its outstanding
collection of modern art.
Back to the Art Building Design page